Friday, May 30, 2008

11). Tagging and Del.icio.us

Well, I did it. I've been meaning to do it forever, so finally a reason good enough to register with del.icio.us. I'd been keeping bookmarks at my iGoogle page which is handy but doesn't involve any social sharing with it.

I bookmarked some pages and did a search with "Library 2.o" and then looked at some of the peoples' bookmarks who had that in their tagging. What can I say? Treasure troves of nifty bookmarks of sites to go visit. If you're lucky you find someone else who thinks like you but who is ahead of you in the bookmarking game and you've hit the jackpot.

I love that the bookmarks are accessible. I have lost personal bookmarks before when my computer has died...bookmarks that took me five or more years to store and lovingly sort. It's horrible. So I like that they are out there in cyberland free from the lifespan of my personal computer and tendency not to back things up. (I'm getting better though - I really am! Cross my heart!) But I don't like that you can't organize them the same way as you do in your browser. I have a method to my madness that I can't replicate here and I am bummed. But I'll get over it.

No comments: