Friday, April 24, 2009

Thing # 43 - Online TV & Video

This is a Thing that I have been doing a lot of looking into before Things on a Stick. I am SICK of my cable (and high speed) company - I have a package with them. Their customer service stinks so we've been looking into how can we drop the cable without feeling the pinch too much. With Netflix and library dvds we have home movie night covered...but what about Grey's Anotomy (which I watch religiously). I don't want to be stuck in front of the computer screen instead of our tv.

I wonder if anyone else uses HDMI cords to hookup their tv and computer so that computer content can be displayed on the tv?

Hulu is awesome. I've gotten sucked into watching old tv shows...and just surfing for them for old-time's sake.

I think having so much of tv content available on the web may provide some much needed competition for the cable companies. The fact that you can watch shows on demand without a TiVo or other DVR setup also makes it very attractive.

No comments: