Thursday, June 12, 2008

20). Facebook & MySpace

Well, I looked at MySpace long ago and was turned off by it. I thought its design was too much like my freshman year locker to be of any interest - messy, stuff all over...

FaceBook is more attractive but you have to be careful not to get sucked into the many games and quizzes. I have a friend who started sending me stuff almost daily. Useless bits of quizzes. But I was able to find my old college roommate on there and reconnect. So that was awesome. (If a blast from the past.)

I get frustrated and perhaps a bit anxious with Facebook, however, in the fact that I do have personal information Out There. [Cue the Twilight Zone music.] So I try to keep things PG even though I am not a PG personality at all times. Sigh. I get tired of having aliases and pseudonyms.

I really would like do more work-related networking. Have a group of cyber buddies that you can talk shop with and bounce ideas off of without worrying about politics, dud ideas...just be able to throw it all out there.

No comments: